Someone once told me that there's nothing better than doing something one is completely passionate about. To learn to love it and one becomes so good at doing it that it becomes more than just a hobby.
I attended my first hula class with my neighbors a few wednesdays back. Our halau (school) is held within this warehouse where the temperature is like -4 degrees.
I can't even begin to express my words for Keali'i Reichel. He is amazing hawaiian artist that could make his music fill your ears and just listening to it is so relaxing that it literally sends chills down my spine. Although attempting to sing it is like learning vowels all over again. I must admit, it definitely is a challenge.
Not much has really happened since the last time I wrote in here. Other than ongoing family drama but that's another story saved and to be spent on a rainy day.
We spent a few weekends ago out on a family trip to Monterey, CA. The place is simply gorgeous. It's a quiet little town with the beach and the whole Pacific Coast as it's backyard. We stayed at the army lodging on post and our room was this huge suite at the top floor overlooking the ocean and everything else around us. We had dinner at this nice quiet chinese restaurant since hubby was craving pan-fried noodles. After dinner we got to walk around and explore for a little bit before heading back to the hotel. The next day hubby had to take care of we had to head up there for during the first half of the day. When he finished up, we drove around, explored and saw what the rest of the city had to offer before heading home. It was going to be a good drive back but we had an awesome time we were there. We also made a quick pit stop at Casa De Fruta since it was on the way since I haven't bought a nice bottle of wine in forever.
Fast forward to today, I just came back from a fun filled week in L.A with awesome family & friends. It was probably bad on my part since I had decided to go on a weekday and everyone was too busy bustlin' around with their own lives; but come the weekend I got to spend time with the cousin at The Paseo on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena. We started off with a nice lunch at P.F. Changs during their $3-6 happy hour, and ended it with a 2 hour shopping trip at the 2-story Target few blocks down. I must admit, shopping with her is very damaging - we go in promising to just window shop and we come out with bags of useless things. After spending time with the cousin, I went to go surprise a few friends. Like I previously mentioned, it was bad on my part with the timing. I ALMOST got to see everyone whom I had hoped to see, others, well.. maybe next time I'm better off letting them know I'm in town versus surprising them at the last minute. I guess we're all growing up, doing our own thing and not just sitting around laying eggs.
Anyways, I went to Costco the other day and picked up another book (The Last Song) from the wonderful Nicholas Sparks. The book came out awhile back ago before his other book (Dear John) but it wasn't as popular until they started debuting the movie trailer for it just recently starring Miley Cyrus. I took a glance at the first page after 3 plus weeks of having it lying around and collecting dust (that should pretty much tell you that I have absolutely NO TIME whatsoever to myself anymore) and just reading it has gotten me hooked. I must persuade the hubby into giving me some time to myself the next few weeks just so I could finish it.
Argh I cannot wait until this week is over!! I think I asked for too much vacation for myself. haha. =D I just came back from L.A last week and next week I'm heading up to Santa Clara with hubby for his TDY. Plus my crazy psychotic sister is moving into her new apartment that we get to help her out with despite her lecture on how we shouldn't be helping her because we're on vacation and etc etc etc. TECHNICALLY, me & the kids are on vacay, not hubby who's there for work. Which means he could help right? And besides, I've a lready had my vacation. It's time for me to get busy. UGH. Sisters. Especially the younger ones, they think they really know it all, but in reality they don't. They're hard-headed thinking they could do "everything" on their own. I mean, it is really THAT hard to ask for help?? I mean, I'm the one who's been practically moving from state-to-state ever since I graduated high school. So one would think that maybe JUST maybe I could be of some use yes? Siblings sometimes, you love them, but yet other times, it's hard NOT to just choke the crap outta them. =)
You need to update!! :D
ReplyDelete